Wednesday 12 September 2012

Heart & Sole


Louboutin got it right when he coloured the soles of our shoes. But why stop at red? Why not blue or pink or purple?
I may not be able to afford his heels, but I sure can add his chic appeal to my collection with boldly coloured soles.
What you need:
  • Primer
  • Normal acrylic paint
  • Modge Podge

Firstly paint the heels of your shoe with primer. The reason we add primer is because it prepares the surface. I kind of think of it as the bottom coat I apply below my nailpolish. (I did two layers)
Let this dry over night then paint with your colour of choice. I chose this light turquoise. 
Once the paint is dry you need to paint with a top coat. I had looked at a varnish but the lady at the hardware store warmed against it as the varnish would make my shoes slippery (good point) so I opted for modge podge, as it is still a sealant but being a glue it is less slippery. Modge podge layer over layer over layer. This is a very important step so don’t skip it. One layer vertical, one layer horizontal.
Then once you have done more layers than you believe necessary, leave to dry and voila, heels with a kick.  



 (footer: pardon all the puns, I just couldn't resist)

3 comments: